BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Where are You hiding?

Sometimes it's hard to see God working in your life. We can't always see Him but we know He's always there, seems to be the go to response when we are seeking God and haven't really heard from Him in a while. It's definitely not helpful.

I mean, if you are lost and looking for a map and someone tells you, well it's written with invisible ink, so you can't see it, but at least you know it's here, is that really going to help you. You still won't know where you are going, maybe you won't even know where you are at.

Of course, this does happen in life. We don't always have to know what's going on, it's important to make God the pilot, but there is a difference between this and going on auto-pilot.

I think this is where I made my first mistake. I was doing super well, going to church every week, switched to a church that I could agree with, and made it a point to meet some people. Then I switched off. Unfortunately this led me to go back to staying in bed on Sunday morning, continuing my hermit behavior, and allowing my self to slack off in areas that I knew needed work.

At first, in a situation like this it's like, yeah, God. He's cool. I can't see Him, but I know He loves me. The problem with this thinking is that we start to IGNORE Him. We start to think about Him less and less, and pretty soon we stop thinking about Him all together, that is until something terrible happens and we begin bargaining with Him.

The truth is we serve an ever present God. During Pentecost, God sent his Holy Spirit to live among us on the Earth. If we get out of auto-pilot mode, then maybe we will be more aware of the work God does in our lives everyday. We will pay more attention and see His works, and maybe even His will. Our God isn't a God we can't see. He is visible in lots of ways.

This week I'm going to look at the positives. I'm going to focus on God in my life, and keep a list of ways he has blessed me. If you would like to join me feel free to share! We can share Yay! Gods!!!! Because they are truly the best things to share.

Please pray with me now.
God, remind us that you are a present God, visible through your works and promises in our lives. Please aid us in seeing these things more clearly, so that we may have a greater faith and trust in you. Help us to begin to seek out your will and turn off our auto-pilots so that we may live the lives you have made for us, rather than the life that we would choose for ourselves. Make us aware of our potential and our purpose in this wonderful world you have created.
-Amen




0 comments: