BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, August 5, 2011

Opening Our Eyes to Sin

First off....Please join me in praying for everyone in the FLDS that God would open their eyes to the truth that is Him. I pray that you, God heal the hearts of the girls that were involved, and that you heal their minds from the perversions that they were taught as truth. God I know that you have so much for these young people, touch their lives now Jesus. I petition the angels and saints, especially St. Maria Goretti, patron saint of girls and rape victims, to pray with me today for these children. They are on my hearts so greatly. Maybe because I know what it is like to be wronged. I pray that they can forgive as I did. Because forgiving is the only way for them to gain the freedom from all of this.Fill them with your hope and spirit. Father, I pray for the mothers in this situation. That they would come to recognize this as a false teaching, and to never subject their children to such horrible situations again. Lord I also pray for Warren Jeffs, the man that started so much of this, the man that claims he is a prophet in your name, that he can see that what he did was wrong, and that he will come to truth in you and repent. I also pray that the people of this "church" realize that Jeffs is not truely a prophet for you God. That this is not something that would be your will and that you call us to live a much different life.

Lord I thank you for the truth that is your word, and for you giving up your son to die for our sins. It is times like I realize why Jesus had to die such a terrible death, because we all sin, and all sins are equal. It convicts me when I hear of things like this, because I know that my sins, hurt you just as much as this story does. I ask your forgiveness for the wrong in my life God, and ask you to heal my heart from it. I thank you for the amazing gift of everlasting life that we have through your son. God I pray this in your name. Amen.


0 comments: